Help with new harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennny2004

Baseband Member
k i put in new hard drive thru ide 2 channel everything works fine but when i start my PC it does not start from first try like u know when u have a car taht does't start all the time and i can here light soun in side like ppppppphew and it does it all over and over and it takes me 5 min to start up my pc the harddrive in installed is maxtore 120 gig and like i said it works when PC is on and what could be makeing that sound and how to fix it thanks.

Uh, this is pretty hard to understand but maybe your floppy drive is making the "pppppphew" noise?

Try find exactly where it's coming from but I think it's looking for a disk in the floppy drive.

Just make sure you installed it correctly. Check the jumper setting, check the IDE cable are tightly secure and no pin are bent or missing. Make sure it's set to Master if it's on the second IDE channel.

If their's noise, it's a drive. If you dont have a floppy or CD in, your cheap maxtor hard drive failed. I see this happen ALL the time in maxtor hard drives.

Thanks guys for the idea umm if it is in ide 2 i need to set it to master even it sopostu be slave hmm i try that and no floppy or cd or anything it is like wehnu start soemthing and it dies and it start again it it keeps doing this tillis actually starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom