Friend's computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
SteveGTA said:
I used to think intels "ruled" mostly because of their commercials haha.

Me too, lol. I was like, OMG OMG OMG P4, omfg, ownage. Up until some time ago I didn't even know what AMD was :eek:. Now I know as much as anyone else and would never buy a P4 for gaming.

well, i know AMDs are cheap. Where my comp was built they had AMDs equal to my celeron for cheaper, but after having a very old AMD (1997) and my bros AMD (2003), they're just too slow, and i am willing to pay a little more to get speed.

talldude123 I donÂ’t think your XP 2800+ @1.8GHz is running at full speed. The XP 2800+ should be running at 2083MHz stock. It looks to me that your processor may be underclocked.

okay...i dont even know ANYTHING about AMD. All i know is they're slow. Could you describe to me what "underclocking" and "overclocking" is?

talldude123 said:
All i know is they're slow. Could you describe to me what "underclocking" and "overclocking" is?

No, you only "believe" they're slow. My Athlon 64 3200+ (2.0Ghz) can own a P4 3.2Ghz.

Overclocking: In the case of AMD, Its increasing the speed of your processor and possibly memory by increasing the Front Side Bus. This means taking a processor from 2.0 Ghz to 2.5Ghz. That can give signficant performance boosts. The process for Overclocking a Pentium is different than this, but similar nonetheless.

Overclocking Guide. That is the simplest Overclocking Guide I've seen on the 'net. Keep in mind that this is a Overclocking Guide for an Athlon 64, not Athlon XP, or any Intel Machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom