My Creative X-fi Platinum Is On It's Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I'm very spontaneous when it comes to purchasing new hardware. I know i should have waited to see more reviews, more, benchmarks, more information.... But, screw it. I've got the money and i'm not afraid to use it. So I ordered one. It should be here by next tuesday or wednesday.

The X-FI matched with my Creative z-5500 speakers should be a finalization to any audio i'll ever need. That is... for a few months anyway...

I'm looking forward to BF2 in X-FI audio...

Pardon my ignorance...I haven't been following the latest hardware in sound cards at all. But would you mind explaining why everybody seems to be so hyped up about this latest release from Creative?

I still use their Audigy 1 and it works fine for me. :p

how long ago did Creative make their Audigy 2's? too long ago. this is what happens if you have a single dominating company.
not that I think it will be bad, but Creative could do better, and actually make their cards for more than just sales[/rant]

apokalipse said:
how long ago did Creative make their Audigy 2's? too long ago. this is what happens if you have a single dominating company.
not that I think it will be bad, but Creative could do better, and actually make their cards for more than just sales[/rant]

Could do better? For more then just sales? This technology is revoltionary. It's a whole new type of card with a whole new core.
Did you even read about it or are were you just in the mood to rant?

I look at it this way, 7.1 and 24bit sound is good enough for me and i dont even have it yet. Im still running around w/ a freakin LIVE 5.1 and you guys are complainging about Audigy2? Thats insane, so i think waiting a long time to bring out all new tech is awesome.

P.P. Mguire said:
I look at it this way, 7.1 and 24bit sound is good enough for me and i dont even have it yet. Im still running around w/ a freakin LIVE 5.1 and you guys are complainging about Audigy2? Thats insane, so i think waiting a long time to bring out all new tech is awesome.

Yeah I have a crappy Live 5.1 as well, sounds like ass.

Weeks ago, when I told them their audigy's sound like ass, I get this whole bunch of bs flung at me. Now they are calling their audigy's crap.

I will have to listen to the X-FI, due to creative's chip I may buy it. However if it sounds like total crap like every other card they have (not including their pro end, which you would have never heard of) I may get it.

Flanker said:
Haha, you guys and your multimillion dollar sound cards. This $10 sound card is just fine for me.

I dont need one, but two soundcards.

I do alot of gaming, need a decent surround card (Currently, none exist)

And I need a pro level recording card, and MIDI functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom