Biostar NF4ST audio problems......PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertconley619

Baseband Member
Alright about 2 weeks ago, i got a new computer from cpusolutions.com. The BBB gave them a good review so i said, why not? Anyway about 2 days ago, I downloaded GTA: Vice City off Limewire and when i booted up the game, it said no audio device found. So for some strange reason, i deleted the old driver and then when i realized what I had done, I quickly went to Biostar's website and downloaded the new driver from there. (The reason why I didn't reinstall the original driver is because the dvd burner broke during shipping.) I thought that the new driver should have taken care of things, but it didn't so that's why I'm here. If anyone could help, please help me because I really don't have any cash right now to spend on a pci sound card..........
Specs:
Biostar NF4ST-A9 (duh!!!!)
AMD 3200+ @ stock speed
1 gig of ram (cpusolutions didn't specify what kind)
250 gig WD sata hard drive
Evga 6600 256 mb video card
Realtek AC'97 onboard audio

I forgot what version of the driver it was, but I went straight to biostar's website and they said it was the new drivers. But I will see if I can find the old ones

*edit*I just went to there site and the new drivers were the only ones listed (for the regular audio)

*edit #2* there are 2 different types of drivers on that site, 1 is for all the chipsets including audio and the other is just plain audio. Should I try the first 1 and see if that helps?

Well I tried all the driver stuff and none of it worked. Any other suggestions anyone?
Also I did find one of the drivers driverguide doesn't have, mine!!!!!!!!!!

id just get a pci soundcard. u said you cant afford one, but you can get a cheap one that will handle 5.1 for next to nothing these days. about 10 brithish pounds will get you one.

well i was considering buying one but I was thinking since my computer is still under warranty, id have them take a look at it but seeing how i start school next week, i can't afford to do that, so right now im stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'd hate to ask this question again but, is there any other suggestions or something we overlooked?

Well every1, we have a bit more bad news for this post:
I just reinstalled the old drivers and the sound ISN'T WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never mind about my last post.......The driver was installed correctly but I didn't configure it properly so now it's working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom