Geil or Kingston RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey was looking at the following RAM, which is better for gaming or isn't there much difference?

1) KINGSTON KVR400X64C3AK2 - 1G / 2 X 512MB DDR RAM

2) GEIL 1GB ( 2 X 512MB ) KIT PC3200 DDR RAM

Thanks.

Geil is a better known and more preferred company IMO, I like Geil a lot better than Kingston. Geil Value can even OC a little ;)

Yeh probably stick with Geil then... :p
What is the maximum memory used for windows xp proffessional? Isn't it like 2GB or something?

Also what percentage of your RAM should your page file usage be?

well im sure geil is proubly better memory, which ive heard anyways, im soon to upgrade my memory to. but im not sure how much memory windows could possibly use at most. but i think a gig does windows in,but i have seen windows slow down with a gig with certain things opened up, but a gig is plenty

What are the latencies for each? Personally, I consider Kensington to be the bargain-brand of RAM and don't trust their "high end" stuff to really be that great. If you're heart-set on just those two brands, go with the Geil.

Syphanx said:
What is the maximum memory used for windows xp proffessional? Isn't it like 2GB or something?
XP-Pro uses 256 at base, but unless they've upgraded it again, it can only support up to 4 gigs.

i use 1gb stick of geil....works great...haven't seen any slowdown and i've never used over 800meg, even with PS and encoding a movie......plus my cpu is OCd to 3.9 from 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom