Hard Disk FileSystem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELCouz

Beta member
Hi,

I have a SimpleTech SimpleShare NAS (Network Attached Drive) and i want to reuse the drive that the SimpleShare use. It's a Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 250GB IDE 8MB 7200RPM.

My question is because when i will format it to NTFS or FAT32 to make it compatible with windows it will loose his Original FileSystem. The simpleshare use a modified version of the Reiser FileSystem. Windows XP detect the drive but cannot read it until I convert it or initialized it. Is it possible to make a image of this drive so if i want to make it work in the simpleshare later (maybe a raw data disk image) or a method to reformat the drive in the modified ReiserFS?

(note: the simpleshare use integrated linux & a modified version of ReiserFS , which i dont have access to that modified version on the internet (proprietary ?? dunno) and cannot read others FileSystems)

[On the picture you only see 232GB , because there is data on it but unreadable by windows xp, its readable through linux using the command string but display garbage. The total storage on the disk is 250GB]

Thanks!

ELCouz

Attachments

• unknownfs222345.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom