Spybot ruins my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
Why does Spybot ruin my comp?

hiya

lately when i run spybot, i makes my computer unable to start properly.
when it starts it just sits on the desktop, and loads no further, so i have to go and do a system resotore.

Why does spybot do this, is there a way to get around it or do i have to get a new spyware scanner?

thx

well, i dont know spybot. I used it once on a diff computer (not mine) and it worked kinda weird it doesnt delete ALL spyware. I use microsoft antispyware and spyware doctor, but either one will work good.

Hey, you know chances are, that system restore is stuffin you up. I would say turn off system restore by going to the system applet, and clicking the system restore tab near the top then disable it. Because viruses tend to hide in there. Once that is done, scan your pc with another program such as microsoft anti-spyware and run a scan on a virus checker, and see how you go.

the thing is, im too scared to turn off system restore, cos its saved me a few times already.

AVG has actully picked up a few things in sys restore, so, i may have to clean out the folder every now and then

ok... so... ill try another spoyware thinggy
thx all

Disable it from starting on startup. By default it doesnt start on startup unless you set it that way. Are you using the T-Timer? I have. I doubt spybot is messing your pc up. Its possible you have something on there its trying to remove.

you should really disable system restore before you clean the spyware or virus off. if you are worried about your data, you can always do an NT backup first which will allow you to make a disk to be used with automated system recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom