Can videocard cause freezing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its interesting, but I don't have the expenience with video cards to unlock pipelines. I appreciate your effort though =)

you just need a bootable DOS floppy, a flash utility, a copy of a 16 pipe BIOS (like the GT's) and a commnd in autoexec.bat.
first make a command to copy the original BIOS to the floppy, then get a new floppy with the commands to flash its BIOS to the original. keep that aside in case you flash it wrong, so you can stick it in and it'll automatically flash the BIOS back.
then, create a command on the first floppy to flash it to the 16 pipe BIOS

I see...well I'll look into it a bit more, I promise.

Interesting :) Thats for the info. I might just get the 6800LE.

the Leadtek should be able to handle higher clock speeds too, since it has a larger than normal heatsink. the GT's have higher clock speeds, so after a softmod you should get those speeds.
if not, after you softmod it, you can underclock it, or softmod it back and it will sill have the 16 pipes.
one of my friends has an X800 Pro (12 pipes), he softmodded it to an XT (16 pipes) but it overheated with the higher clock speeds (his cooler wasn't that great though) although he could just softmod it back to the pro, while keeping the 16 pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom