Old (Dos)Games on XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
or, as said above, vmware. It's more than just an emulator. Have never run into a problem running a Dos program on an XP machine with that.

Bronzen said:
I enjoy the old first person shooter games. Please help.
I know that 3D Realms (Duke Nuk'Em, Shadow Warrior) has a utility that allow you to play their old dos games under windows.

1 gig of ram!!! :I have 256 Megs. I don't think I will invest in that amount of ram.
Now where is the boot manager in XP? I did not know it had one.
I have located a few dos emulators with frontends. Have not tried them yet though. Will let you all know when I do.

Bronzen (Lady)

thats wierd I can play older games like doom and duke nukem3d through the command prompt and it works fine except duke nukem 2, it runs way to fast to keep up with on my computer.

the other trick is to open a command prompt.. but.. go via clicking run on your start menu and typing command

cmd is xp's new version.. command still works with a lot of older stuff.. so thats worth a trick or 3.

ive had some success with that. I have had programs not run by double clicking on them, work in command, and not work in command (this was a old pascal program)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom