Can't delete this folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it doesn't say it's in use, it says it cannot find the file (its a folder)
I think it's cause the folder is named with a "." at the end. Aren't folder's not allowed to have a "." at the end? I tried renaming, doesnt work.

have you tried renaming the folder to something else, then delete it? I had some problems with files I downloaded with insanly strange names. To fix/remove them, they had to be renamed through dos as windows would crash when trying it. Might be worth trying, that is if you have not already.

Something else is a script I created for doing this... link to come...

http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=481483#post481483
This is for removing a file. This is a folder, right? ... so if you want, I can do one for removing the directory. Just let me know...

Perl has a nice little module for removing dirs.
Code:
use File::Path;

$path = "C:\\Documents and settings\\roy\\desktop\\new folder\\music\\misc\\2pac\\";
@folders = qx(dir $path /a:d /b /s);
print "@folders\n";
install the perl program listed in the post link above.
Then copy the code above to a text file and save it as Dir_Scan.pl
open a cmd window, click and drag the Dir_Scan.pl file into it and then press enter while in the window. This should incremenet the folders on screen. Post the screen shot.

good luck

perldoesntwork.jpg

nothing happens, I double click the .pl file and a cmd window pops up and closes. :confused:

@EricB - I can't seem to boot from disc with my laptop. The CD-ROM is already above the HD, I even set it to the top, yet it still doesn't boot from the CD. I hope I burned it right, when I put it in, it autoruns so I think I did it right.

This folder is driving me crazy!

did you use nero or alcohol or roxio to burn that disc as an image disc?

with nero, open it (the burning rom part) cancel that first screen, then click recorder, select burn from disc image option, find the .iso file, then burn.

Ok, I burned it again and now the CD works, but it takes FOREVER to start it up. My computer must've had a blank screen for 30 min! So I just quit with it.

Xx Da Twig xX said:
Ok, I burned it again and now the CD works, but it takes FOREVER to start it up. My computer must've had a blank screen for 30 min! So I just quit with it.

did you hit enter when it say return. if your computer is fairly new, it might not recognize the hardwae

Yea, my computer's pretty new. HP Pavilion zv6000 (notebook) I think it's the latest pavilion notebook model, I'm not too sure about that, and there's no point in looing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom