New gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want a problem free graphics card, and dont have to worrry about it and calling tech-support for 20 dollars a minute, then i would go with the eVGA, better be safe then sorry

Its regarded as not being a mainstream card anymore, not many people have it. The 6600GT is your best option. Don't get the 9800 Pro, despite what he said, it can't handle the newest games, and its one generation older than the 6600GT. Just tell him to save up $30 more and get the 6600GT instead of the 9800Pro.

But is the 6200 any good. It is like $80 cheaper than the 6600GT so he is interested in the 6200.

It won't play high-performance games well. That means no Halo 2, no Doom 3, No Half Life 2, and no Battlefield 2.

This is what I propose for under $500.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ $146

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra - $132.

and

GIGABYTE Geforce 6600GT 128MB - $154.

Now you originally said that he had $500 for just the processor and the mobo, but the video card also came into that. After that, you added the speakers, keyboard, and RAM. Thats a little unfair don't you think? Anywayz, the stuff I showed you adds up to $432 without shiping. RAM will take him over $500 and speakers and keybard could take him to $550. All that is WITHOUT SHIPPING.

Tell him to save up to $550 and he can the the processor, mobo, video card, and RAM. If he can have to $600, he can also buy the speakers and keyboard.

Thats the last I'm going to say on this topic, take it or leave it. I'm out.

i think a 3000+ with a dfi nF4 ultra-D and a 6600GT will be able to play bf2 and hl2 and doom. on med settings with 1Gb of ram. ?

PZEROFGH said:
i think a 3000+ with a dfi nF4 ultra-D and a 6600GT will be able to play bf2 and hl2 and doom. on med settings with 1Gb of ram. ?

Not BF2, but HL2 and Doom 3, yes. For BF2 on high, you'd need a faster processor (or 3000+ overclocked) and 2GB Ram. BF2 is a very thirsty mofo.

Okay, well thanks guys. So if he gets a 6600GT with a 3000+ Venice core, how can he minimize costs then? A gig of RAM is about $90, so would 512 serve him just fine for now? He is probably going to stick to AGP for now (K8N Neo2 Platinum).

He also needs a hard drive and all that other stuff and keep the price right around $500 still.

you can get a cheap 80GB western digital sata150 hdd for around 53 bucks or a seagate barracuda 80GB sata150 for around 64 bucks, i perfer the seagate sense i have it, but if your pinching pennies you can go with the WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom