intel Pentium 4 640
ASUS P5RD1-V
CORSAIR PC3200 512x2
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L200M0 200GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150
MSI NX6600GT-TD128E
DVD-RW drive
DVD drive
XP Home Ed. SP2

Ok here is my problem. When playing a graphics intense game, or trying to run 3DMark05, sometimes the screen locks up, and then goes to blue screen with an error message saying that the display driver went into an infinite loop, when I restard Microsoft online Crash Analysis says that the Nvidia driver is what cause the crash. I've tried every driver available, I've tried a clean install of Windows. I tried using driver cleaner since I was bouncing from one driver to another, and the problem was not solved it did make it crash less often.

MSI Tech Support seems to think the problem is either the card is a dud or its a power supply issue
Power supply is an Atrix(came with the case) rated at 480w (+3.3V@30A, +5V@45A, +12V@15A, -5V@1A, -12V@1A, +5VSB@2.5A). One thing I've noticed is, the higher I overclock the CPU(and the better it performs in PCMark2005) the lower my graphics card performs (lower 3Dmark05 score). Could this be another indicator of a power issue? (cpu draining power away from the graphics card?) Thanks. Note: the error occurs while graphics card is on stock settings or overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom