CRT Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually just to clarifier my nerdiness, its not the volts you need to worry about. Volts (the pressure) is required to create electrical flow (amps). Its the amps thatll kill ya. I believe 1 amp can kill a human. I have been zapped many times by automotive ignition systems, anywhere from 6,000 to 50,000 volts, but am still here today because the amperage is so low. There is only 110 volts in a wall socket but enough amps waitin to fry you like canadian bacon well-done. Either way dont mess with a crt unless you know what yer doin.

^^Its 110 volts in a wall socket? I thought it was 120?

I was thinking that it would be kind of cool to build a computer inside of an old computer's case, the kind that has the monitor attached to it. I dunno, maybe it's something I'll do when I get a little extra money.

its probably 120 so it is an average 110.

id just leave the monitor a day or two before opening it.

Discharging the capacitors in the monitor is still a good idea, not with a screwdriver though, I've seen what happens (admittedly it was funny to watch).

Blue_Nine said:
Discharging the capacitors in the monitor is still a good idea, not with a screwdriver though, I've seen what happens (admittedly it was funny to watch).

What does happen? I've always been curious.

A bang, followed by the discovery of a toasted techie a few feet away from the now fused together monitor/screwdriver.

Yea that's mostly what I was wondering, if the screwdriver would end up welded to the internals. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom