Can't get a visual

Status
Not open for further replies.

12stones

Beta member
I can't get any visual output from my computer. The monitor works fine when hooked up to another computer. I have tried replacing the video card. I have changed out hard drives; that's not the problem. I don't know what other options I have to try and get visuals from the computer. Please let me know what options are available for testing this and fixing it. Thanks.

Hmmm... could be a bad AGP slot or whatever. That has been known to happen. Also make sure that everything is plugged in correctly. I had a video problem one time and I couldn't get my computer to start at all. To make a long story short, I took the computer apart and plugged in only the required things and it worked. Then I plugged in optional things (like front side USB). Turns out that I had plugged my front side USB into the wrong part.

There are different version of agp slot, and could be a compatability issue. Make sure you know what version it is by reviewing your computer motherboard or use a software like Everest Home Edition http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

It's important you locate the version and not the transfer rate. Make sure the video card supports the voltage of your motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom