CPU temps...OC questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronxblaza117

In Runtime
wats a good CPU temp... my cpu is 3.2 and runs round 55 C idle...isnt that hot? wat should a good idle and a good gamin temp be?

also wen u cahnge the voltage, the computer doesnt tell me how fast it is...only wen i change the fsb is wen it tells me( right click my computer) ... is that just me or is that always like that?

Its somewhat hot, you should get some thermal compound if you haven't already, maybe an aftermarket HSF. P4s run hot naturally, but I'd be uneasy with that temp. They're fine as long as you don't overclock it though.

You're supposed to change the voltage when your processor fails to run (indicating not enough energy). Just increasing the voltage won't make the processor run faster, it just gives it more potential.

Note: Increasing the voltage increases temps.

55 is quite hot, ur sig says u have 3.0...?

i was having overheating problems with my 3.2 till i got a new heatsink. Now i can OC to 3.8 and have my temps under 40c

er... 55c is quite hot actually. I got a 25% overclock out of my processor and it is under 40c with fan cooling. How are your case fans set up? Could be bad airflow creating hot air pockets.

Wayniac said:
er... 55c is quite hot actually. I got a 25% overclock out of my processor and it is under 40c with fan cooling. How are your case fans set up? Could be bad airflow creating hot air pockets.

Your processor is a A64, P4s tend to run hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom