ATI R520 has 16 Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay to respond to this.

I know that ATI was having poor yields above 16 pipelines with their new core, these cards may even possibly have more unlockable pipelines. So ATI decided that speed will help them, and possibly outpeform Nvidia.

I think if ATI releases this card, Nvidia will be quick to release a 7900GTX or w/e with 32 pipes :)

AhhHHhHh 32 pipelines, i only have 8 right now, thats 4 times as many pipelines then i have!

was i whinning, i was just saying that my card only has 8 pipelines when the newest card right now has 24 pipelines, im just saying thats quite an improvement

:p :p :p Good old ATI. nVidia do seem to have them by the bollocks in the desktop market ever since the release of the NV40.

Although we won't know 100% about any of her specs until the thing is released (although rumour has it that devs have had at least one version of ATI's new flagship range in their hands for a bit now, but this could be bs).

Besides, if this is for real then ATI will no doubt release a XT/Plat edition with unlocked 24 pipes, overclocked to hell etc...

The problem is, ATI cannot get 24 pipes to work if you have been reading up on this.

Yeah I've heard about all this, I a posted a topic here a while ago on something I heard about the R520's yields.

I think what we'll have is a 16 pipelined card which has monstrous core/memory frequencies, perhaps at a unusually low price for a brand new card?

It's still going to be an interesting shoot-out; SLI 7800 GTX vs XFIRE R520. Perhaps ATI will have an edge in the pricetag?...

If ATI FREAKIN' DROPS THE FREAKIN' BALL ON THIS ROUND OF GFX CARD WARS, I WILL GO NVIDIA AND NEVER TURN BACK!!!!

lol - ok. i'm fine now. But, seriously... 16 pipelines is more then enough... With clock speeds of 700Mhz to 800Mhz... That's truely where the advantage will come to play... BUT!!!! What will the thermal output be? Will these cards be running at 80C-90C?

ATI BETTER NOT FREAK THIS FREAKIN' THING THE FREAK UP!!!!

ok i'm fine now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom