Constand Shutdown Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire_Slayer

In Runtime
Constant Shutdown Problem

Hey, its been awhile since I have posted on this forum and I'm back with a problem that has been giving me trouble for like half a year. My computer has a problem with shutting down suddenly. It will go a couple days with no problems and then it will just shut down. When I start it back up it stays on for a few hours and goes off again. Then it stays on for a few minutes and does this until it shuts down during boot. CPU temp looks to be stable in bios and the temperature program that came with my mobo called guardian or system guardian or something like that. If I don't get on my computer for awhile, like a couple weeks, it resets in the way of its shutdown problem where it goes on for a few days and so on. I am totally baffled by this and am in desperate need of help. I have tried re-applying the thermal compound a few times, and even checked my internal plug-ins. Below are my system specs and possible variables to my problem:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Whinchester
DFI Lanparty Ultra-D 939
Western Digital 80g HD
2*512 OCZ ddr400 RAM enhanced latency(kinda cheap I know)
OCZ Modstream 450W
Old Dell CD drive
Aspire Navigator-X Case
ATI X800XL
Creative Soundblaster Live
Stock HSF(very cheap I know)
Artic Silver5

Also........

CPU top and HSF bottom are somewhat stained from using first the stock thermal tape and then some random thermal grease I got from my dad before I got my silver. I never turned it on untill I got my silver btw. Also the plug-in in the wall does not have grounding, it just has a 3 hold plug in so I could get it plugged in somewhere. I also used some Nvidia performance optimize program thingy called N-tune that came with my mobo. I cannot remember however if I used it before or after it started with this problem, but I think the problem was going on before that.

All I can think of at the moment.
All help welcome. Thx for reading.

EDIT-What is a good temperature monitoring program? I would like to replace smartguardian as I do not really like it all that well.

Its not dirt cheap memory, but it also isn't the best. I would like to add a little something. A couple times last night I think I heard my computer buzz a couple of times, like an electrical buzz.......

ive been checking temps regularly on speedfan now......all temps apear to be in a good range even under heavy loads. it hasnt shut off yet since ive started getting on it a couple days ago which may be a good sign, but its done this before and ill make sure to submit the everything that happens right before next time it does it.

I had a similar restart problem, first off go to my computer right click in the window, then properties, then advanced, then in the startup and recovery box click setting, then unclick where it says automatically restart. You may be getting a driver_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS error which is quite common. Were you around your computer when it would restart or were you AFK?

May be worth noting that after it shut off, the sound card light remains on, while the mobo led is off.......

Would rebuilding my sytem have a chance on fixing it? Doing things step by step and making sure everything is going good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom