CPU fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
As far as everything goes with overclocking... or even if you're not overclocking for that matter... is it better to have your processor fan blowing ON the heatsink cooling it all down, or sucking hot air off of your heatsink?

Seems to me that it'd be better having it blow on it and push the hot air out and away. However, now that I think about it, it might make sense to have the processor fan sucking the hot air out... maybe not though.

By default, the CPU fan blows onto the Heatsink. Because this is the normal direction, it must be the correct way to go.

By default, the 120mm fan on the side of my case was exhaust, but it works better as intake.

That is what I thought, but some guy I ran into tonight has his blowing off of it, but it seems much more logical to me for it to blow on the processor. When he said he had temps in the 40's it made me wonder how well it worked. I looked at it like food. There is a reason why we blow on hot food rather than try suck in to cool it off.

while we are on the subject of blowing air on the cpu or away. for the video card, does the heatsink blow on it or away. and if you had a fan by it do you want to blow air away from it or blow air on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom