My Alienware

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonZo

Solid State Member
so i got a old ass alienware with a asus (i forget what kind motherboard) with a 5200 FX ultra

anyways i think thats enough info
i wanna get a pcie mb thinkin on this one http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=246485

and get a 7800 GTX with that board and an amd 64

anyways i was wondering if this setup would work?
and can i hook it up with my old board and keep both?
and is it worth it? im sure it is but id rather have other opinions on this

thanks
-GonZo the GREAT! ha

I don't see why not. An alienware is just like any other computer other than it is produced and sold by a company. It should be fine as long as you follow all the basic rules that you'd follow when building your own such as making sure that everything will fit together fine (don't put an AGP card in a PCI-E slot) and whatnot.

I don't know about Alienware, but Dell integrates their PSU and Motherboard so that you cannot change one without changing the other. A lot of brand-name manufacturers are known to pull tricks like this one and Alienware might also do this, but I don't know about them. Even if you rule this out, be on the lookout for other tricks.

Alienware is the same as the computer you and i make cept w/ a fancy ass case and a big price w/ top of the line parts. You should be able to change out the stuff w/ ease.

I heard idk if this is true they prevent you from upgrading. Now idk if this is true or not or wether it applies to new or old systems by them but people started telling me this so if youve upgraded ok but still check tech-forums for information on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom