2 Most Recommended PSU'S : FAILED

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Tomshardware conducted a few week long stress test on most of the TOP names in Power Supplies. These tests we conducted in extreme conditions and taxed the PSU's to a heavy degree.
http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/200507111/stresstest-04.html#summary_charts
READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE!!!!

Two PSU'S that i've seen recommended in this forum on a day to day basis are the ANTEC & OCZ PSU'S. These are also (2) of the many that failed to live up to their specifications or just plain failed during the testing. There are some no-name PSU's that were tested and out performed even the KING of all PSU's (PCP&C).

May-be it's time to start recommending quality and stop recommending just big names.

I would like a second party to conduct the same test.

I seems fishy that the PSU's had the EXACT SAME OUTPUT POWER AS RATED since it's very temperature dependant.

PCP&C rates their's at 50 degrees, so in average conditions they put out more than advertised

DJ-CHRIS said:
I would like a second party to conduct the same test.

I seems fishy that the PSU's had the EXACT SAME OUTPUT POWER AS RATED since it's very temperature dependant.

PCP&C rates their's at 50 degrees, so in average conditions they put out more than advertised

Chris, those ratings aren't a measurement of the temperature that a power supply will produce...

Those ratings are an "Operating Temperature" or The range of (ambient temperatures) within which a power supply can be safely operated. (0C to 50C) is one of the manufacturers variables that it uses to determine (MTTF or Mean Time To Failure).

well most psus that we have dont go under a full load anyway so i dont think we have to worry too much cause we dont use al the power all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom