Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
My friend wants a new gaming pc but can't decide on Intel or AMD. Which should he get if he wants to overclock. I've heard that Intel can overclock better, but AMD is better for gaming. Any suggestions?

Thats exactly it. But the performance due to how much the AMD can overclock is better than the performance due to how much the Intel can overclock.

For example, A P4 has been pushed to 7.0Ghz max at this time. A FX-57 has been pushed to 4.0Ghz max. The Intel was overclocked 3.2 Ghz while the AMD was overclocked 1.2 Ghz. But you would get the same performance from both processors, even with AMD's low clock speeds.

***Note*** Those overclocks are the world record holders. You don't even have a prayer of getting to those speeds probably. I only used them as examples.

AMD Generally perform better for games and can support all the same technologies as Intel supports (eg. PCI-E, SATA, Dual Channel).

But yea if its for gaming go for AMD just performs better with games as far as i know things may have changed with intel gettin the NF4 but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom