Setting up Sata Raid 0, questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sCribes

In Runtime
I am going by the guide found here,

GUIDE

This is the first time i have ever setup a raid array, and i have a question.

I am doing everything as listed in the guide, at this point i have booted into windows xp from an ide drive, and am in computer management/storage, etc.. to format drives. I have setup the raid to be raid 0 with 16k cluster sizes and set as 16k from the format inside xp. Anyway, my question is this. I have 2 identical 120gig sata drives, and in xps storage management, its showing them as one drive, at 240 gigs. Is that correctly depicted for a raid stripe 0?

Thanks

i believe i got it all the way it should be. It says its set as a raid 0 etc...

However, it shows only one drive, and it says its 240gig, is that what it should say for a 0 stripe?

Thanks

and props to the man that wrote up that guide, wouldnt have been able to do it without it, or woulda took longer, and more aspirin.

Ya dude, when you do a raid 0, it will display your drives as one, yet split on both.

Thanks, i was pretty sure, just wanted some confirmation from someone with experience in that area.

On another note, i believe i can honestly see a pretty big difference from my old 40 and 120 ide drives to this raid 0 120 gig matching serial ata drives. Unraring seems to go smoother, everything loads a butt load faster. I have yet to install BF2, so im excited to see if theres a difference there.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom