So my new computer does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
installing that firewall with windows firewall on (or any firewall for that matter) will likely give you the blue screen of death. therfe too much conflict

that nvidia firewall is like a force field around around your computer. however if you make one mistake, you are screwed. it comes with a vague manual

I can't do some things with it. like when I try getting into the computer though another computer on my network (it's configured for networking) it ask for my mobo name (in this case dfi) and then a password (which I don't have)

another time I set it to block some software and it blocked other software from accessing the web. and I can't undo it.

if I were you, I would allow those sites that say deny on that application page that I showed you. then you might get internet

I just now read this post really (I was in a hurry). the answer above is for your other post. reinstall windows. don't install the nvidia firewall. if you have to have it turn windows firewall off first.

then allow everything at first until you are familiar with it.

nuke said:
what the hell is wrong with you man??? did i say virus in there? did you read my post at all. god, do you just want to post anything you want here. I said its the ram..

Oh, well since you said so. I guess you can can tell what's wrong with his RAM from behind your computer better than MEMTEST can. :rolleyes:

In my BIOS it's located in advanced chipset features/agp & p2p bridge control. Also disable it in the OS it should be in display propertie/setting then click on advance tab and then the smartgart tab.

Make sure to set agp speed to off and disable fastwrite.

PS. Your BIOS can be different but you should be able to find it just navigate around.

Nuke you should be suspended from TF for a while by the way you treat people; I honestly dont think you are smart enough to know how disrespectful you are to other people. Bass is only trying to help and didn't recommend something off the wall, like "buy a new mouse", which might have warranted a response such as yours. PLEASE BACK OFF AND RESPOND POLITELY IF YOU ARE CAPABLE OF DOING SO.

BASSMASTER said:
If you didn't have to activate it yet, I would just do a fresh install of xp, use the xp cd to partiiton, format, reinstall.

actually if he did this and don't install nvidia's firewall he would probably be fine.

he need to pm warez monster on how to make the blue screen stay on without auto rebooting so he can get the error code (I bet that it's nvidia and windows firewall clashing). I use customizer xp to make my blue screen stay on, but I don't think it's free anymore

here

Your computer may restart immediately if it is configured to automatically restart when a system failure occurs. To turn off this option so that your computer does not restart, press F8 at startup, use the arrow keys to select the Disable automatic restart on system failure option, and then press ENTER

tell us what the error says

I think EricB is right. a lot of firewalls do conflict with each other
if you know how DOS works, boot into the recovery console from the XP CD, and delete the files for the Nvidia firewall. then, if you can boot up again, turn off the XP firewall and repair install/reinstall Nvidia's firewall

Law said:
In my BIOS it's located in advanced chipset features/agp & p2p bridge control. Also disable it in the OS it should be in display propertie/setting then click on advance tab and then the smartgart tab.

Make sure to set agp speed to off and disable fastwrite.

PS. Your BIOS can be different but you should be able to find it just navigate around.

So what is disableing agp speed and fastwrite going to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom