Sonata II Case + Zalman 7700Cu

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
The sonata II looks like a solid case choice for me, and I'm wondering if I should go with the Zalman 7700 cooler, my only concern is that it wont fit, its a huge 120mm fan. Its gonna be mounted on an MSI K8N Neo4-F.

Side question, The Zalman 7700, do I need to mount it specially on my motherboard? Or does it just snap into place with the stock mounting bracket? socket 939 I may add if you didn't know

Sorry the Cu.

Thanks for the link, I'm just worried abotu it fitting in the case really, would that cause problems?

well that sucks for him. but why would the psu be in the way...OH i see wtf is that big black box inside of the case. well the psu is on the top and there thats black thingy

I have that case and the 7700 (both cu and alcu are the same size) wont fit cause my psu is in the way. Its a nice case but too small, so get a bigger case if you can. I guess it then depends on the mboard layout.

What about the 7000 Cu? Think it can fit? I really want a Zalman cooler, AMD stock coolers are way too loud.

edit: I was actually interested in the sonata II for two reasons. Its very quiet and a nice case design, and I am getting a nice deal at NCIX.com. Remember I'm in canada, newegg isn't accessable to me :(

I'm still thinking of a cooling solution for my cpu inside the case of the Sonata II, the Zalman 7000 Cu seems the next best option.

The 7000cu will depend on your mobo more than the case. Almost all cases (unless they are very narrow) will accomodate the Zalman, but not all mobos will.

Go to the Zalman site. They have a list of mobos that will or won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom