Error code: 0x8007007F

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASSMASTER

Daemon Poster
So Im doing some stuff to my PC remotely from work :)

I have a 40 Gig hard drive that my OS is on, and I HAD 120 Gig slave drive. I wanted to break that drive up to use it more efficiently. So I deleted the partition, reformatted about 45% of the drive and was going to go back later and create my extended partition etc.....

Now when I try and log on I get:
" A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the license of this computer. Error code 0x00....

After some research apparently this is due to the hardware change I did (re-partitioning).

I can't try safe mode, because im working remotely, but anyone ever have this issue? Any suggestions?

I have a corporate version (legit) of Windows XP (because I do some work from home), so re-installing Windows is an option I know, but I would rather not do that.

Wow, this is freaky stuff. When I log one with one admin account, it logs on fine, the screen saver shows up, but nothing else.

When I use another user account, I get that error message and it won't log on.

I can only think of trying to redo the partitions. Either that or go to the PC and use the windows disc to partition. Maybe there is something going on that the remote connection is failing and that is why you are having problems. I think you need to go check out the Pc and see if there is something going wrong with it. Maybe the drive is failing.

Makaveli213 said:
I can only think of trying to redo the partitions. Either that or go to the PC and use the windows disc to partition. Maybe there is something going on that the remote connection is failing and that is why you are having problems. I think you need to go check out the Pc and see if there is something going wrong with it. Maybe the drive is failing.

It never fails, I relgiously back my stuff up. I clear that drive for 10 minutes to repartition it and this shit (excuse the language) happens.

I guess I have to pray when I get home that I can boot into safe mode and do a system restore.

Otherwise I'll have to switch my drives, re-install, then get all the data off the original drive

It could still be the drive failing. Read head crashing, Disc platter off center. There are many things that could have happened when you repartitioned it. Just never know. Maybe a cable got knocked lose or soemthing. One never knows the circumstances unless they are physically around the machine at all times to know what could have happened to it.

Makaveli213 said:
It could still be the drive failing. Read head crashing, Disc platter off center. There are many things that could have happened when you repartitioned it. Just never know. Maybe a cable got knocked lose or soemthing. One never knows the circumstances unless they are physically around the machine at all times to know what could have happened to it.

Agreed, now im chomping at the bit to get home to have a look.

Weird thing is I never did anything to my primary drive with the OS on it, this is just a slave drive I was messing with.

No, no dual boot.

When I got home I just rebooted, it ran a disk check and I was back in business. Phew!

Thanks for you help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom