Urgent, Need Help Immediately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayatollah

Solid State Member
ok well i was cleaning out all the dvds and cds in my room, and i pop one of my dvds in my dvd drive. the computer freezes immediately, i restart it and try to eject the disc but it wont come out. also, every minute or so, everything freezes for 5 seconds then unfreezes. my computer does not recognize the dvd drive anymore and i cannot eject the dvd.

correction, NEITHER of my dvd drives now work. i have two, and only placed the dvd in one, now neither of them work, and if you're wondering that it might be something else but the dvd that is the problem, you're wrong. i am 100% sure its the dvd, because i wasnt doing anything else at the time, and i remember something like this happening to me a couple years back, and i misplaced that dvd, so im sure this is the same one

wait sorry, let me correct myself, the other dvd drive works but the COMPUTER doesnt RECOGNISE them. which means when i go in my computer neither of them show up. i do see something called "removable disk" (d which wasnt there before.....weird

so what do you want to do with your dvd? if you want to take out your dvd, there is a hole in dvd, get something to put it in there, then the dvd will come out.

Do you have XP? Did you try a system restore? If you inadvertently loaded software onto your machine, system restore creates a restore point BEFORE it was loaded. Just go to start-programs-accessories-system tools

and do a restore

wait, is the dvd still in the drive???

the dvd is still in the drive, and i tried putting a paperclip in the little hole but nothing popped out, you think i should still try the system restore

but yo, when i put something in there, i felt the pin just go to a stop. i didnt hear or feel a click, so i dont think the pin clicked something in there. all the pin did was hit a surface and stop

okay, i pressed a little harder and now my dvd drive is making a very loud noise which sounds like a dvd spinning, and it wont come out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom