Help deciding on PSU and CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

leglez

Baseband Member
Ok since no one will post in my other topic:

what would be better "bang for my buck" for a cpu an AMD 3700+, an AMD 3800+ X2, or an AMD 4000+

And also will the OCZ Powerstream 520 W PSU work with sli

cpu an AMD 3700+, an AMD 3800+ X2, or an AMD 4000+

gaming go with either the 3700(san diego) or 4000+ (san diego)

for multi tasking and anyting else
3800+

Here is my list of parts i will be doing some gaming havent ever done pc gaming so i dont know if i will like it lots of media and some video editing and graphic/web design

Ok

I think u should get the Intel Pentium IV Northwood core because its better than AMD.

On tomshardware it shows charts that its better than AMD athlon xp processor.

Dont get Athlon 64 because u cant run any program on it yet.

BOOGIEDOWN said:
Ok

I think u should get the Intel Pentium IV Northwood core because its better than AMD.

]

Please ignore this guy, he doesnt know what he is talking about.

The OCZ power supply will be great :)

Also, the 3800+ is probolly best bang for your buck, you sacrafice a few mhz for having two cores.

leglez said:
Here is my list of parts i will be doing some gaming havent ever done pc gaming so i dont know if i will like it lots of media and some video editing and graphic/web design

if you are just doing slight gaming i would go with the x2 3800+

everything else in your build looks ok, except you can go with OCZ ultra 5+ thermal compound, made from the exact same stuff as artic silver 5 for cheaper around 5 bucks. i got this stuff from Chris.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835126003

BOOGIEDOWN said:
Ok

Lol k i will do that...Intel=suck

BOOGIEDOWN said:
Ok

first, Athlon XP's are far cheaper than Pentium 4's of equivalent speed. they are last generation's CPU's anyway. so are Northwood's. Athlon 64's have completely overrun them
and the prescott is no match for Athlon 64's either. in gaming, single core Athlon 64's overrun them. in multimedia, the X2's, especially the 4800+ take them to school.
and what do you mean you can't run any programs on them yet? you can run MORE programs on them. they haven't just ditched 32-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom