My Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest trying overclockers.co.uk as my friend just ordered parts off them. Their components seem to be reasonably priced.

I am put off e-buyer as I hear their returns system is poor

What i decided to choose:

Asus A8N-SLI/Premium nForce 4 SLI PCI-E +3GB/sec SATA +SATA/RAID 5 Skt939 +Firewire +Gigabit LAN +8ch. audio +USB2 Dual Ch. DDR (up to DDR400)

simply because ASUS are a make im well aware of and i have had troubles with .com.tw websites in the past eg. with my chip at the moment pcchips/ecs. Not too sure if this can overclock processors that well but a extra 200 mhz would be cool to make it a 4800+ :D

CRUCIAL 1GB DDR PC3200 400MHz 184-PIN UNBUFF 128MX64 Memory Modules

Recommendation

Seagate ST3200822A Barracuda 7200.7 Plus 200GB Ultra ATA/100 7200rpm 8mb Cache

Recommendation

NEC ND3540A 16x16x DVD R/RW Dual Layer Internal IDE Black – OEM

Seemed decent enough

LiteOn DVD Rom 16x48x IDE Black Bulk - OEM Without Software

Only black DVD Rom which is decent in stock

Mitsumi OEM Black Internal Floppy Drive 1.44mb 3.5 Inch

Decent

Antec Neopower 480 Watt - Power Supply ATX V2.0 24pin UK

Seems decent and is 24 pin.. which has been pointed out to me. But is pretty expensive -_-

AMD Athlon 64 (ADA4400CDBOX) X2 4400+ socket 939 2.2Ghz 1Mb and 1Mb Cache

Interested in a future processor for overall performance

XFX GEFORCE 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 TV + DUAL DVI PCI-E **the most powerful chip on the market**

Seems powerful and XFX automatically overclock it. Although dont know why other people dont like it.

NZXT Nemesis Elite Case

I like the idea of the case although expensive.

Hopefully all these match up and would work all together. If they do not work please tell me before i purchase this. Thanks.

the reason no one likes xfx is because they sent out alot of defective boards so you have a good chance of a doa,thats why

Can the ASUS a8n-sli premium motherboard overclock the 4400+ to a 4800+ atleast...

And can someone tel me about this PSU.. is this worth the extra 15£ or so?

and this DFI MOTHERBOARD WHAT IS THE LATEST?? and for a noob like me is it easy to master? Cos this seems to be a pro pro motherboard...

DFI NF4-SLi and a Leadtek 7800GTX, XFX SUCKS! and if yuor building a hig performance system i advise you to go with sata150 hdd not ata100. if you want to OC i advise you go to with some nice OCZ ram..

PZEROFGH said:
DFI NF4-SLi and a Leadtek 7800GTX, XFX SUCKS! and if yuor building a hig performance system i advise you to go with sata150 hdd not ata100. if you want to OC i advise you go to with some nice OCZ ram..

Yes I highly do recomend staying away from Asus for AMD builds, I may have said it before. XFX have sent me broken cards before, I am really not a fan of them.

As for harddrives, SATA is the same price (or cheaper) but not nesscarly faster, since the harddrive is a bottleneck. Still a good idea, since it doesnt follow master / slave, which can mean better hard drive to hard drive transfers, and the cables are smaller.

And you can overclock with cheap ram (This would be 10X easier in a DFI board), but if your serious it would be worth it to get half decent ram.

DFI NF4-SLI the full name for it?? Is it fully SLI??

Leadtek 7800GTX apart from being more reliable can you explain to me how its faster/better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom