Which is the better bang for buck... 9800 Pro vs 6600 GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stupid myth of the 9800 should left to die in peace (It has lived well and should pass gracefully)

No longer is the 9800 series a good card..... No matter what is done it is too old, sure it took Nvidia down a couple of pegs but that time is over....

6600Gt is the better bang for buck right now, but unfor... bang for buck is a case for convience sure you might get alright performance for now but in about a year or so you be investing in the next bang for buck... My advice invest in a 6800 or gt model that will have you set for a couple of years..

Me, i'd invest in the 7800gt when the price settles down (i ain't rich though) don't worry about anything for about 3-4 years.

didnt they stop making AGP cards, well high end agp cards, i really dont think they will make a 7800GTX agp. i agree with maybe a 7600gt, but really i think agp is going to die in the next few years. how about buying a 6800LE or 6800 and unlocking the 4 adittional pipelines...? how hard is it to unlock pipelines, very new to me, and they are around the same price 150-170 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom