What do errors in Memtest86 mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you can raise your FSB which means you can raise your CPU more.

Once you hit around 250ish FSB, your memory will go back to DDR400 speeds, even if it's at the DDR333 setting.

So it will set my memory at DDR333 until I reach 250ish FSB, then it will increase the speed to DDR400?

Okay in your system, your memory is 1:1 with the FSB (DDR400 is actually 200mhz)

If you make that divider 5:6 your RAM run's at lets say 166mhz when your FSB is 200 mhz.

You raise your FSB to 210 mhz it's now (FSB * 5/6 [0.833_]) which gives you a new memory speed of 175 mhz now.

At 250 it is 208mhz, which is an overclock almost any memory can do and your processor is nwo running much faster.

Awesome, I knew that, but I didn't know a memory divider did that.

Where can I get a memory divider and how much do they usually cost?

(This means that I can overclock the processor to around 250 even with Value memory right?).

they come with the motherboard.

overclocking RAM: get the G.Skill with Samsung TCCD's
otherwise get OCZ and PQI (they're actually the same, except the heatspreaders have different words)

What do they the memory dividers look like? Is it hardware or software? If its hardware, I don't think I got any with my mobo. If I didn't get any, can I buy some?

And if I can get to 250 on value ram with memory dividers, then I don't need OC'ing RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom