unwanted window

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorytea

Beta member
I have windows '98 and after I log off I get a window that has user name and then requests a password. It adds in the window that if a password is not entered you will not see this window again. I have tried everything to keep this window from showing up. The control panel has a User and Passwords icons but I have been unable to do anything with them. It's a little thing but I would like to know how to rid the window. Thanks Paul

The thing is, with Windows 98, you do not need to authenticate with anything to get onto the machine. So, in theory, anyone can use it...as long as they are capable of turning on the machine!

So, to bypass this, download TweakUI and install. It then can be accessed by the control panel and you and go into it it and go right to the "Login" tba. There you can set a user and pass to auto login everytime the PC is started.

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui

-Mike

Mike; that was a great tip. I downloaded the Tweak and set it to auto log-which it does on start-up. It, however, continues to show the window after I log off and before it returns to desktop. Thanks, paul

Hmmm.. herez what u do .. Just go to your windows directory .. Delete all files with the extension .PWL

Now just restart the machine .. Windows will tell u that ur passwords r coruppted.. Now just type a user name .. leave the password field blank .. n' hit enter
The box will not appear in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom