6800 PCI-e

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxSlipSk8718

In Runtime
My freind is tryin to get a new card tryin to avoid him gettin a low end card so i have a question

are there any 6800G's PCI-e that have the 4 unlockable pipe lines ?

cuz ive red aroudn and understand the bords only have 12 in the PCI-e versions

I am unaware of the PCI-e version not having extra pipes to unlock, but I have never looked into the subject either. Regardless, even with only 12 pipes its a good card. Even if it did, the sucess rate of unlocking those pipes has gotten very low, so it is not something you can count on anyways. Based on price range go 6600GT, 6800 or 6800GT and either way it will be a good card.

the PCI-E 6800 will not unlock to 16. all PCI-Express 6800's are built with only 12 pipes and 5 vertex units, so there is nothing to unlock. its the AGP 6800 that can be softmodded to 16 pipelines and 6 vertex units. and its really not worth the risk becuase even if you did OC and unlock the pipelines succesfully, your stuck with 128MB of VRAM. :(

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
the PCI-E 6800 will not unlock to 16. all PCI-Express 6800's are built with only 12 pipes and 5 vertex units, so there is nothing to unlock. its the AGP 6800 that can be softmodded to 16 pipelines and 6 vertex units. and its really not worth the risk becuase even if you did OC and unlock the pipelines succesfully, your stuck with 128MB of VRAM. :(

Yea i know as i stated i was just wondering if there was a special edition posibly that had 16pipelines 4 locked when it came to PCI-e version

and um on another note even if ur GPU had 128mb but 16 piplines 350+ clock speed and ram at 1000 i think thats still better then the 6800 regular

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom