Games play for sometime, then crash and crash the pc with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok so far in the games Gary's Mod, Half-Life Blue Shift Source, and Battlefield 2 have all been acting up where after, i guess 30 minutes it crashes and goes between the last thing you saw and looks like 2 frames mixed together as blocks. I only know this happens in thses games because these are the ones im playing. All i know is my whole pc crashes.

what kind of computer is it.
Specifications please.
Its your video card, I can say that for a fact. I should know mines dieing on me right now.

Um p4 2.8ghz 800fsb ht
1gb ram 2x 512 on pc2700, another pc3200
ecs elitegroup pm-800 mobo
ati radeon 9600xt

Its custom made but it just started doing this. I hope it isnt cause i just got it from a friend and hes had it for 1 or 2 years and the only problem is like an idiot he was constantly taking it out of his pc and putting back in switching between a tv tuner video card. I just got him a 9600xt with tv tuner and i got the tuner card and the 9600xt and im using it now. I tried oc'in the card but it didnt work so well i restored to normal. I also tried oc'in my ram and cpu. Ram working but then cpu didnt so i reset that stuff to normal. I mean it seems to run longer or when it crashes now it lags for a while them comes back or dies completly but slowly exits out not crashing pc.

Ya, im willing to put 50$ on video card dieing, I have same exact card. It is dieing on my currently Im looking for replacement.

My problems are freezing and choopy game play thats continue to get worse to freezing, I reinstalled drivers, so I know its not software and I traced several erros in event viewer to video card failure.

so it sounds like me and u got same problem.

Start saving money.

If youd like to know more about how my problem relates to urs and some suggestions read below.
http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Should_I_Shot_My_Computerl-t56322.html
http://forums.overclockersclub.com/its_Dead_Jim-t56426.html

yes well, I replaced my psu before finding out it was actually my video card casuing the problems, imagine if u started replcaing everything but the problem.

Well i want to go amd and now is the chance except for the fact i spent alot of money before i went to a camp so i never had time to work and make money so now i only got 350 bucks but maybe 200 if my dad gives me the money he owes me. idk

for an "ok" gaming system now a days I would reccomend 1200-1300$ not including moniter, mouse, keyboard, or speakers.

Back in janurary I built mine for 1500, but I did need moniter, and all that other crap.

yeah i had a good build but now i need to get all the money possible for christmas total of $2,000 and my job but since schools starting i make like half as much as i did this summer. Damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom