building a new computer, want it to be a BEAST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use a mac for the yearbook at my school, and it seems that it works the best! It hardly crases, is compatable with all the graphing software, well, most, and it is small... The only downside is the price, which isn't that bad, but a little pricey.

oh...well, that's does run my fun!!! :( Well anyways...lol....um....I don't know what to say now, so bye bye!

what? those are both bad ideas. mac is not suitable for affordable design work because there is no way he could get a decent mac for $900 new and he would have to re-purchase both his digital painting applications for mac which would make him way overbudget,. . . . i mean he is shooting for the moon and you guys are aiming him at pluto. and the suggestion to get a celeron or duron, well. . no comment :rolleyes:

have you guys seen mac advertisements? the way they design their equipment is too feminine and translucent for my taste. photoshop and painter obtain their performance mainly from your CPU processor not graphics card. almost any video card with 32MB or 64MB memory integrated would be good for the high resolutions you will work with for both those apps.

patton you are paying way the heck too much for that system. you have a confused sense of good pc specs from your experiences with that gateway computer. anybody here should easily spot obvious problems from the extremely small hard disk you chose and your CPU should be at least a xp2600 or greater.

and also patton you cannot just stick your pc3500 into any motherboad you like. if your board cannot take advantage of it you are wasting your money. since you do not seem to know what components you need for your specific purpose i would suggest buying prebuilts from www.ibuypower.com or cyberpowerinc.com instead of building this yourself. you will save a buttload of money to help pay for this semester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom