EM Windows Installed.. But F'ed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
EricB said:
you obviously have a hardware problem. if you look into my signature, you will see a link to 2 powermax utilities (cd or floppy). you should have powermax, already. it comes with maxtor hard drives.

download one and test your HDD. that will eliminate it from being a problem (use memtest above to check your ram to eliminate that).powermax also has an erase HDD feature that better than wiindows.

New problems have arose and I need to check my hard drive. But I use nForce 4 so the stated software program will not work. Any ideas?

About your internet connection, if you are at home, and you configure your internet to go through proxy, you will not be able to go out to internet. You need to go to internet properties, and clear the proxy check box, and just above it select automatically detect setttings. Do you have an ip address? go to start>run>type cmd>press enter>type ipconfig and press enter. If you have an ip address, try to ping google.com. If you dont, verify your cables are plugged in, and also verify that you have the NIC installed. Right Click on my computer>go to properties> select the hardware tab> choose device manager. Make sure that it is installed properly. If it is installed and you were able to ping google.com, you need into internet properties and click the advanced tab, and restore defaults. Close IE and try again.

wanghoeby said:
New problems have arose and I need to check my hard drive. But I use nForce 4 so the stated software program will not work. Any ideas?

are you using nvidia's firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom