Fixing up a T1862

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonbssj

Solid State Member
Hi there,
My brother got a eMachines T1862 but altho it seems he had droped it. so there was a part broken from the motherboard so im going to look for a new motherboard and just put that in there.

Now this is the Computer how it was

emachines_t1862_main.jpg

Specifications
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Intel® Celeron® Processor 1.80 GHz (128 L2 cache & 400 MHz FSB)
Intel® 845GL Chipset
256 MB DDR (PC2100)
(DDR for optimal performance)
60 GB HDD 1
24x10x40x Max. CD-RW Drive
3.5'' 1.44MB FDD
Intel® Extreme Graphics
10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
56K ITU v.92 ready Fax/Modem
AC '97 Audio
Keyboard, Wheel Mouse, Amplified Speakers
6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on front), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Audio-In & Out, Mic-In & Head Phone jack on front, 3 PCI slots (2 available)
7.25''w x 14.125''h x 16''d
AOL 3 month membership included

Now im useing the same CPU and stuff but i seen these motherboard's on the website called www.newegg.com
and i was wonder which of the motherboards on this site is a good motherboard to pick from?

http://neweggmotherboard.notlong.com/
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(Which One out of these?)

And Is these the once's that i can use with the Intel® Celeron® Processor 1.80 GHz ?

And Will This MotherBoard Fit Inside the caseing on the
eMachines T1862?

(and i also found a Intel P4 CPU that was 2.8Ghz. Can that also be on the motherboard?)

picture0017we.jpg

Im not sure exactly what that is under the Socket the was a metal heatsink i think siting there...um how can i say this it had 2 Hooks or Pins that was suppose to hold it down into place...the other pin is broken off...and im not sure if the motherboard had a AGP slot but if it did its broken off as you can see...

The reason why is because the computer just shuts off.....the Computer was working, it was just shuting off and i thought it was because of that being off the motherboard those 2 things....

So what i want is a motherboard that i can buy but that isnt so much i suppose only.....$20-$45 as far as i know..

Type i believe is mATX or whatever.

Just going to ask a question on the motherboards from the following.

Foxconn 648FX4MR-ES Socket 478 SIS 648FX Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Will this motherboard play a game like Sims 2 or RTC3 (once i get a video card?)

If not which motherboard on the site that Trotter gave me
but dont really go past $40....

It should, but I'm not too familiar with Foxconn mobo's. Its not about the motherboard rather the components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom