RAM troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZEROFGH said:
ill have to say this again

ARE YOU DOING ANY OVERCLOCKING? big question here

I have Easy Tune 5 for my mobo and turned it up 200mhz a week ago, but after I restarted my computer the setting didnt seem to have stayed, so no, no overclocking is set.

try going into your bios and setting your ram to 166mhz. cause most likely if you have all slots full your ram will be running at DDR333

PZEROFGH said:
try going into your bios and setting your ram to 166mhz. cause most likely if you have all slots full your ram will be running at DDR333

Ok, I'll try this later in the night.

try it, if not ill try to figure out something else about this mobo. research time YAY

EDIT: so you tried all the ram independately and it works. so none of the ram is faulty. and you tried them in all the different slots, so none of the slots are faulty right?RIGHT?

PZEROFGH said:
try it, if not ill try to figure out something else about this mobo. research time YAY

EDIT: so you tried all the ram independately and it works. so none of the ram is faulty. and you tried them in all the different slots, so none of the slots are faulty right?RIGHT?

No, I havent tried all sticks or all slots yet because it literally took me 10 minutes to get one stick in. Plus my thumb was raw from all the pushing. I know slots 1 and 3 work, I know slot 4 can atleast recognize RAM is there since it gave the correct total once, I havent gotten to slot 2 yet or the 4th stick of ram. It's very frustrating when it takes forever to get the damn thing in.

well, just see if you can try it, i reember i was trying to get my ram in, the sharp tops, and my thumbs were all bleeding, ok not bleeding but it was hard, then i got my crucial ram with heatsinks and there were no SHARP TOPS YAY and it was a snap to put it, anyways

for tonight your homework is to try all the slots and all ram

and then tomorrow you can go into your bios and go to ram and set it to 166mhz. or DDR333 which ever one it says

EDIT: good night, and why are you just running 1 stick right now when 2 sticks works ok? i believe 3 sticks should work too?

PZEROFGH said:
well, just see if you can try it, i reember i was trying to get my ram in, the sharp tops, and my thumbs were all bleeding, ok not bleeding but it was hard, then i got my crucial ram with heatsinks and there were no SHARP TOPS YAY and it was a snap to put it, anyways

for tonight your homework is to try all the slots and all ram

and then tomorrow you can go into your bios and go to ram and set it to 166mhz. or DDR333 which ever one it says

EDIT: good night, and why are you just running 1 stick right now when 2 sticks works ok? i believe 3 sticks should work too?

noooooooooo, not homework from school and homework from an online tech forum :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

EDIT: I'm running 1 stick now because my thumb refused to push the bastard in. Also, if the second stick feels like working, when the third one doesnt, then the second one doesnt once I take the third one out, leaving me with one stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom