Windows XP.. certain files not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballer

In Runtime
well today has been great as you might have seen another post i have on here about my brothers computer..

I put his hard drive in my computer with the intention of running a few virus scan/spyware programs on it... and my computer also takes a dump

when you start it up, itll go to a black screen at the point it would ask you to pick your username and it gives me two pop up windows saying "failure to load recource DLL odbcint.dll" and something about "samsrv.dll not found..."

again, i have no idea what to do, and after a long day of school, homework, and now dealing with my bros computer and mine, im out of patience.. so any input would be greatly appreciated!

thnx again!

if you put it in ur computer, its his HD then, I guess u could try backing up the data buying a new compatible drive and poping it in, but ull still need a OS disc, whether it be ME or XP to format the HD.

with his hd out it still does it

ill just backup his and put xp on it, but mine has xp and i would like to try to get around this without reformatting

safe mode doesnt work either, i get the same popups

There is a time and place when upgrading is a better choice then wasting your time trying to fix a dieing machine, I would seriously consider taking that XP idea and just buy a cheap dell or build an average setup, cause that IBM will be more problems then u ever imagined. trust me if its that old it not worth saving. The time and effort may be greater then a new 500 $$ dell or a good thought out custom made one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom