LCD Monitor Problem! URGENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. So, I've seen alot of suggestions being thrown around. People correcting each other, etc. I don't know alot about computer, not as much as you guys. What should I do to stop the flickering? Up the refresh rate? Get Drivers? Alot of you guys corrected each other. So I have no idea what to do anymore. Since theres so many opinions being thrown around and so many people disagreeing with certain opinions, then what do I do? Thanks. Please keep the help coming..

Well u need to try the suggestions and see if there is an improvement. Not everything is completely black and white. Post back when you've tried all the above suggestions and let us know if problem is better, worse or the same. Cheers!

apokalipse said:
yes, LCD's are built different from CRT's. they have lower refresh rates.
that means they were never the best for gaming.
set the refresh rate as high as it supports.

Fact: Lower refresh rates on CRT monitors can cause epileptic seizures
'The image on these screens is continually “refreshed” or re-painted and this means that the image can move, or flicker. The more often the screen is refreshed the more stable the image is and the less it flickers. The refresh rate is expressed in “Hertz” (usually written Hz): the higher the Hz number, the less the flicker'

www.knpd.org/mittsfita/dokumenti/abilitynet_factsheets/EpilepsyandVDUs.pdf+low+refresh+rates+cause+seizures&hl=en&client=firefox-a]Source[/URL]

thought u might like to know.

htcs said:
Fact: Lower refresh rates on CRT monitors can cause epileptic seizures
'The image on these screens is continually “refreshed” or re-painted and this means that the image can move, or flicker. The more often the screen is refreshed the more stable the image is and the less it flickers. The refresh rate is expressed in “Hertz” (usually written Hz): the higher the Hz number, the less the flicker'

www.knpd.org/mittsfita/dokumenti/abilitynet_factsheets/EpilepsyandVDUs.pdf+low+refresh+rates+cause+seizures&hl=en&client=firefox-a]Source[/URL]

thought u might like to know.

Um...we are talkin about LCDS here.

vaderpro said:
Um...we are talkin about LCDS here.

hmm... thanks for pointing that out - but the topic also includes refresh rates and CRT monitors in posts above - it's a simple factoid that someone just may find interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom