2GB Ram - 512 X 4 or 2 X 1gb??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
Which is better in a new system for dual channel reason and performance. Is it better to get 4 chips of 512mb or 2 chips of 1 gb? Or does it matter? Thanks for any replies.

i wuold say 2 chips, cause its using up less power and voltages

EDIT: and you can upgrade easilier easilyer easylier easy-er

Why? In a way it makes more sense, unless you want dual channel. Then I would recommend the 4x512. Otherwise, the 1GB x 2.

Why? what do you mean why? it would be more cheaper (got that one) if you went with the 1GBx2 sense you wouldnt have to buy a 2GBx2 later on in life where as all you have to do is buy another 1GBx2 again for 4GB

Lets say i want dual channel. Can i get dual channel either way??? Also, right now its cheaper to buy 4X 512 than 2 x1gb..

but later on in the long run it would be cheaper to go for th 2x1 cause you can upgrade simpler

And PZ I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Poison...

Now you keep bringing up easier upgradability, but you could lose performance.

Yes if you want to put 2x1GB in DC then yes, but remember it has a larger area to cover than 4x512's would.

oh sorry, OHHH so would it be faster if you have 512x4 cause the ram is more spread out with less work...? oh in that case then go for 512x2 and when you need to upgrade just take two sticks out and put in 1GBx2

EDIT: i keep on getting on your nerves dont i CS

well it entirely depends on how many RAM slots you have...
my computer only came with 2 slots so i would need 2 1 GB sticks of RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom