dvd rom drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciaran

Beta member
I'm trying to figure out what a drive would be called. its basicly a standard drive, that loads like a cd player in your car. the dvd drive is going to be mounted in a car as part of a in dash system... excuse me if I sound like an idiot... I just do interiors and the guy said he couldn't find it. trays are gay, or has anyone modded one?

Wait your taking a standard internal CD/DVD ROM drive and going to put into a car? Nice.... I have no idea how that would work, just call it a 5 inch IDE device...

what I have is a MSI media pc in one of the small little cube case things. I am going to use the lcd panel it has on it as a regular deck for the car because the system has instant on (can play cds, dvd, tuner, etc.. without the pc being turned on) and it will display track information. for when the pc is on I have a 9 inch touch screen that will go in above that lcd, and I am using software I have found online (GPS, car code reader, car diagnostics) with a GUI that the customer is having made.

I really want to get away from the tray, if anyone has seen a dvd player like this or has one in their pc I will pay top dollar for one.

heres the MSI case, newegg has the best pictures and discription here.

I will be cutting the case up and putting the pc itself in a different case in the trunk. I just want part of the face plate, the remote, and the media software... the rest is up to the customer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

It's called a slot loading dvd player.

I do know where I could get some, but they would be over 200$ for a plain reader, and that's in American dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom