Which CPU Cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasedog

Baseband Member
I've pretty much finished building my system now, it includes an AMD 64 4000+ San Diego. The very last (but by no means least) part I need is a CPU cooler. I'm not interested in water cooling just yet.

Noise isn't a consideration (unless it's a very close call between 2). I've got more money left over from the build than I had planned so I'm not overly fussed about price. I shall be overclocking and need an after-market cooler that's going to be up to the job. I've heard good things about the...

Zalman CNPS7700-Cu

and the..

Thermalright XP-120

..and wondered if anyone has either of these and what they had to say about them. I'm particularly interested in the differences in cpu temp before and after if poss, especially from anyone who has a similar setup. (I know I'm asking a lot! :))

If anyone else knows of other cpu cooling solutions I'd be interested in hearing from you too.

Cheers in advance

i wuold go with the zalman one, but either one is ok, but make sure they will fit on your mobo.

The xp-120 is VERY nice and id mount a 120mm fan on that bad boy. Also have you takin a look at any of the Thermaltake ones? They got some good ones to.

so what other thermaltakes are out there that big 120mm one thats 50 dollars, but if you had 50 dollars you might as well go with the zalman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom