ATI graphics card help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamNF

Solid State Member
Alright i have a problem with my new Radeon 9200SE graphics card. I installed the card, i went on the radeon website and downloaded the latest driver, when i tried to install it i got an error.

Severe error
"zero display service error"

This pops up on instalation, i click ok and the instalation continues. First i thought it was nothing but my computer is running very slowly, takes a long time to open programes and stuf like that. I put my old geforce2 mx400 back in and the computer ran fine. Can someone please help me with this problem?

i had the gf drivers uninstaled already. Well i reinstalled the whole thing, everything run perfictly (i still get that error) but kotor crashes everytime it loads. i check ALL my games, they all work fine. Its not a big deal becasue im kinda sick of kotor but still.

then its probably because its just some sort of compatibility with that video card, and kotor, or what you can do it update kotor....

nvidia drivers often leave some parts on your computer even when uninstalled.
What OS are you running?
This link will take you to guru3d and the detonator destroyer application.

http://www.guru3d.com/detonator-destroyer/

Next, download/install latest direct X.

Re-download your ati drivers overwriting the old one (might have received a bad packet) and download the control panel.

With your old GForce card in, install a generic PCI display driver.

Shut-off computer and install your Radeon card.
Install ATI drivers and then install control panel.

Hopefully, that will do the trick.

I did all that, and i still get that error PLUS now i get this error when i boot windows.

Error Loading c:/windows/system32/nvcpl.dll

the specifed module could not be found

HELP!

Remove that dll from the registry. Do a search for it and then delete it from the listed keys. Probably something in HKLM/Software/Microsft/windows/currentversion/run
Also could be in DCOM, run dcomcnfg.exe to see if you can find the listed dll.

Also, i have to keep it on 16bit becasue if its on 32bit then the comp runs way to slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom