My Specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amidamaru

In Runtime
Are these specs okish?

Please remember i live in UK not US!!

PC BRIEF

Asus A8N-SLI/Premium nForce 4 SLI PCI-E +3GB/sec SATA +SATA/RAID 5 Skt939 +Firewire +Gigabit LAN +8ch. audio +USB2 Dual Ch. DDR (up to DDR400)

£120.97 incl. VAT

http://www.microdirect.co.uk

Ebuyer 1GB DDR PC3200 400MHz 184pin Extra Value Ram

£65.99 inc VAT

www.ebuyer.com

Western Digital WD2000BB 200GB UIDE 100 7200rpm – OEM

£61.21 inc VAT

www.ebuyer.com

NEC ND3540A 16x16x DVD R/RW Dual Layer Internal IDE Black – OEM

£30.59 inc VAT

www.ebuyer.com

Lg 16x52 IDE DVD-rom Black Drive – OEM

£15.21 inc VAT

www.ebuyer.com

Mitsumi OEM Black Internal Floppy Drive 1.44mb 3.5 Inch

£3.76 inc VAT

www.ebuyer.com

Ebuyer 600w Tri Colour Silver

£11.74 inc VAT

www.ebuyer.com

AMD Athlon 64 (ADA4400CDBOX) X2 4400+ socket 939 2.2Ghz 1Mb and 1Mb Cache

£395.35 inc VAT

www.ebuyer.com

XFX GEFORCE 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 TV + DUAL DVI PCI-E **the most powerful chip on the market**

£359.97 inc VAT

www.ebuyer.com

How are they? Any recommendations? Dont worry i know to get a case :p

Good except three things.

#1: Power supply, for 20$ USD dollars, your getting a peice of crap. You defiantly want a good brand name OCZ, Antec, Forton, PCP&C ect.

#2: Motherboard, Asus has proven themselves as a bad manafactuer for motherboards for AMD processor. I would look at the DFI Lanparty SLI-DR.

#3: XFX are a horrible video card manafactuer. Try to get the same card from eVGA, BFG or Leadtek.

About the power supply. Don't get an ebuyer one because I got one and it caused restarts and stuff, because they really are the worst power supplies you can buy. Get a real brand.

Thanks people.

and the rest of these specs are pretty decent yeah? I dont wanna get too low of specs and i think the x2 processor seems pretty cool.

its all good but i would rather get a seagate barracuda hdd rather then a western digital but thats my opinon

What makes one better then the other?

Also what does the pin amount make the PSU any different?

Is this Q-TEC 650 Watt ATX (20-Pin) Power Supply @ 29.99 from Specialreserve bob then?

no no no no no, 30 dollar psu...throw that out the window, and you need a 24 pin power connector cause your mobo i believe needs a 24 pin power connector.

and seagate is better cause it has the 5 year warranty as opposed to 3 years, and seagate is quieter, but this is here in the US im not sure over there but im guessing its the same?

EDIT: get the DFI nF4 ultra-D or DFI nF4-SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom