i think i have an idea
lightbulb over my head

Amd Athlon 64 3000+ - 146
MSI K8N NEO4-F - 89
Corsair valueselect 512mb - 50
eVGA 6600GT - 130 after 30 dollar mail in rebate
Thermaltake silent power 420W power supply - 36
Seagate Barracuda 160GB sata150 - 86
im guessing you have to buy windows xp home to.
RAIDMAX Elite ATX-208 Beige 0.7mm SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - 20
SABRENT SBT-CRW42 42-in-1 Compatible with USB2.0 & 1.1 port Card Reader/Writer - 10
SABRENT TV Tuner/Video Capture/FM Radio - 28
NEC ND-3540A/GEN Blk Int 16X DVD+/-RW - 41

and if you need to buy windows xp home edition - 89 dollars

EDIT: 728 with socket 939 but only a 3000+ processor, which is probably the best bang for your bucks. hmm what else. you cuold save 20 dollars by not going for a 160GB harddrive and going for a 80GB. nah. hmmm. i guess you cant go any lower

EDIT: take out the 160GB harddrive add a 80GB one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822135106
53 dollars

woot woot 693 dollars, lol or

EDIT EDIT EDIT

samsung 160GB but its an IDE ata 133 which is a little bit slower but i really i dont think any can see a performance difference
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822152014
717 dollars

I should have come here earlier, You have definetly given me other Ideas. I'll be upgrading mine around christmas. Old lady said I could spend up to 2000 so I will have fun with mine.

wah wah wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh 2000 dollars AHHHHH! i helped another dude build a system around 1700 dollars includes a DFI nF4 ultra-D 7800GTX 1GB 160GB hdd. dvd burner, keyboard, monitor 350 dollar monitor btw. if you have 2000 dollars im going to build you the leanest meanest gaming machine. just make sure i see your post

EDIT: and yes yes i know people get ideas from my mistakes

I'm not complaining, Its just that the old lady holds the purse strings. Have to ok everything by here...lol

who was complaining, im just saying 2000 dollars is a lot of money, you can build a nice gaming machine for around 700-800 dollars IF YOU DIDNT HAVE TO BUY STUPID HOME EDITION. anyways. who was complaining?

She is complaining...lol or will be. No, home edition here, already have xp pro and also windows 2000 on a dual boot. I just have to figure out where I am gonna go from there.

well if you alreayd have home edition here, then if you ahve that cd, you can use that cd to install home on other computers too, but if you do buy a new computer, you might buy a new harddrive which would mean buying xp home. NOoOoOoOoOooO.

EDIT: sorry for the bad spelling, i can just type away and not edit my stuff. and retype. :)

Sorry, I don't have xp home.. typing error on my part. I already have xp pro and 2000. My personal prefference is 2000 but I'll probably do a dual boot of 2000 and xp pro.

looks like your going to have to buy xp home this christmas, actually you can use your dad's xp home if you buys this computer. cause yuo can use xp home for as many computers as you want. xp pro you can only use one cd key per computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom