Best Buy's $600 Media Center PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
well what are you going to be doing, if you arent doing anything special i say go with xp home edition, pro is more for colleges and what not, and media center is more i dunno who uses medi center anyways

Windows Media Center 2005 is built on Windows XP Professional. XP Pro was stripped down to some sorts and the GUI (Graphical User Interface) was changed. It's a good OS for a Media Center PC. Mostly for MCPC's that are using a 32" - 50"+ Plasma or LCD TV's (Mostly due to the change in GUI). But, if you're only going to use it with a CRT or LCD monitor, i'd recommend XP home or PRO.

If you can't build a PC and that is what you really want, go for it. We'll see you here in a few months in the troubleshooting forum asking questions on how to fix the problem your having with your new PC.

OMG OMG no do not buy pcs from bestbuy you fool!! they rip you off like crazy whoever said build your own is right its so much cheaper and newegg gives u the best prices ever. PERIOD

havok dude MCE is really good if you just want to have good organization with .avi files. .mp3 yes you can record live tv but i eman if you dont record live tv its not useless :D sory abt dbl post

record and watch! live tv. and store your music files and all that junk and use it with your tv like i said

HAVOC2k5 said:
Windows Media Center 2005 is built on Windows XP Professional. XP Pro was stripped down to some sorts and the GUI (Graphical User Interface) was changed. It's a good OS for a Media Center PC. Mostly for MCPC's that are using a 32" - 50"+ Plasma or LCD TV's (Mostly due to the change in GUI). But, if you're only going to use it with a CRT or LCD monitor, i'd recommend XP home or PRO.

If you can't build a PC and that is what you really want, go for it. We'll see you here in a few months in the troubleshooting forum asking questions on how to fix the problem your having with your new PC.

I'll be using it with an HDTV, It's part of an Yoshi Boxx Killer (remember that thing) I'm going to hook all my consoles up to it and then hook the PC up to my HDTV

Could I just do this with XP Pro?

I haven't been able to find an XP pro machine with the specs I want for Less than $600

these specs...?

Athalon 64
ATI Card
Gig of Ram
200 Gig Hard Drive
XP Media Center or Pro

you can defintely build a machine 600 maybe 650 sene xp pro cost so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom