Unable to use my 3.5 floopy drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilio528

Beta member
I am unable to use my 3.5 floopy drive. Regardless of whether I put a brand new or old floppy ( i must have 40 of them) in the drive I get the error message "Cannot copy ....(files name). The disc is write protected. Remove the write protection or use another disc." I can't even format the floppys. The tabs on the floppys I'm using are in the proper place and when I use these floppys on someone elses computer they work fine. The drive does read the floopys and extract data when asked.

Michael
:confused: :confused:

i know when i tryed using a compaq floppy in my new custom built pc it wouldnt detect it, kuz 1 of the pins was different on the compaq drive, they did this on perpose so that you cant use there parts.

Actually, my drive is spanking brand new...never used. If I could I would prefer to not to ever use it. Instead I would like to configure my cd drive to be the replacement but I dont know how. I only bought it because many programs look for the A: drive to load softwear. if anyone can tell me how to make the cd drive assume that role it would be deeply appreciated.

JUst disable the floppy disk controller in the bios .. n' it doesn't really matter if a prog looks for the floppy drive .. just browse n' select ur cdrive . That's it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom