advice for last HD upgrade for this pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Hey I have a really important question to ask you guy's something

I am getting ready to buy a new hard drive for my computer and I need to know if my system can handle it or not.

My PC:

Gateway essential
433Mhz celeron
256MB SDRAM
10.9 gig HD
windows xp home
power supply is at 250 volts
Soundblaster audigy 16
Onboard video

Last night I was looking at compusa's hard drives and I found 40 gig HD for about 65.99 and this hatchi HD : http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=314483&pfp=BROWSE

My questions can my pc HANDLE a 60 gig hard drive ? is it possible that it can take it ?

I have searched for my system specs on google and gateway.com but didn't find any useful information plus if I talk to gateway about my system again they want to charge 49.99 for tech support on a credit card which I don't have at the moment. but any help or tips would be great please reply before saturday morning at 10:30am thats when I'll have to make a decision.

Well why wouldn't it be able to? You can put any HD in any computer really as long as the interface is the same. That drive would work.

m3trj said:
Well why wouldn't it be able to? You can put any HD in any computer really as long as the interface is the same. That drive would work.

It should work, however their's a slight chance their could be a BIOS limitation affecting how large of a drive you can add

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom