Help a Newb Wanting to build a Pimp Gaming Comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it make much difference to go for 2 gigs of ram instead of 1 with the setup we are talking about? Or is that just overkill that a poor bastard like me should not even be thinking about. :D

sometimes if you get 2GB you wont be able to OC very well, but if your going to OC a slight then when yuo play BF2 its a BIG BIG BIG BIG difference, and the msi k8n neo4 plat is a good board to OC also, but if you really want to learn how to OC go with the DFi

EDIT: i would stay with 1 GB and later one like in a year or two upgarde to 2GB

and plus if you have a problem post it here and MANY MANY MANY people will come and help you, even me ;)

i say 2GBs and an x2 processor, cause i bet most games are going to support dual core

Hey all, I got another question. I was on some other forums asking questions and people seem to think that I need to get a different Power Supply for this setup. Anyone have any ideas with links preferably of what a good one would be that would work well forthe hardware I am looking at? Thanks.

Also are there any cooling issues I should be looking at? The case I am looking at has 6 fans built in which should help but again I know nothing so all help is appreciated.

Oh one other thing, I heard from someone that corsair might not be good ram. Any ideas? Plus if people could post some links for a good 160 gig harddrive or something like that because I think I would prefer that than trying to raid two 80's together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom