How do i transfer all data from ide to sata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idcool

Beta member
I want to get a new hard drive, prefrebly a SATA one. At the moment i have a IDE hitachi hard drive 40GB, i want move all the stored information on that hard drive to a SATA one including windows and all the drivers that are on that hard drive.

Can it be done? Im running windows XP with a ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard. Ask me for any more details needed.

Hello!
I prefer Acronis True Image for that.
It's chaeper than Ghost, but doesn't worse, even better to my opinion. It has a great tool especially for your activity.
Just create clone of old HDD, and automatically restore it onto new HDD. You'll get the perfect drive.
I've been using this software for a long time. And every time when I use it, I like it more and more.
This is really reliable and convenient program.
Recommend. IMHO

Will it allow the use of the extra space on the new drive? Sounds like that sort of thing (an image) would require an identical partition to work.

digitaloracle said:
Will it allow the use of the extra space on the new drive? Sounds like that sort of thing (an image) would require an identical partition to work.

It doesn't matter on what HDD size you would restore image, it just have not be smaller. Checked by me.
Good luck!

it doesn't have to not be smaller than the previous hard drive, it just has to fit all the data (you might only use, say 20% of a 40GB drive, then you could fit it on a 10GB drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom